Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Toughen Up Cupcake

You're not the only fat chick in the gym!!!!!!



That quote from Tara on the Biggest Loser has been our inspiration. My friend Stephanie and I decided that we were not going to sit back and watch our athletic husbands play with our athletic children while lounging in our soccer mom extra wide super comfy chairs. We could change our bodies and we could do it and still enjoy our soccer mom chairs but look good sitting in them covered in kids and holding the team snack.


It started with spin class


which I have to say - I now LOVE!!!!!!!

Then came The Olympics at the gym - basically we are on a team and we have to do 4 classes a week in each heat (so far we have kick boxed, water aerobed - not a word I know, stepped, and spun)



The lifestyle food change has been great. When we started this the "baby" was 2 and I had hit my all time Non baby Holy Cow I can't believe it weight after New Years of 170 pounds! That was when I decided it was time for a change. I weighed in yesterday morning at 158 and I am excited to say that those numbers on the scale just keep dropping! I am now a small, still slightly round, still 18 more pounds to my first goal, kickboxing (I hate to admit it but I was REALLY terrible at the kickboxing in all honesty) , spinning machine and I am proud to be a


I haven't talked about this a lot on the blog - but I am going to keep updating and let you know how things progress!

Now back to the original point of my whole story - Tara did not win last night!!!!!!!!! I was bummed - I liked Helen ok and did not want Mike to win but still - I was rooting for our Cupcake! (Did I mention we are going to get T Shirts made up?)

Go Cupcakes!!!!!
(Aren't they pretty?)




Photobucket

12 comments:

Sturgmom said...

That's awesome on the weight loss!! We joined the Y about 2 months ago and I've been going to Pilates twice a week ever since, but I haven't noticed a HUGE change.

I'm kicking it up a notch this summer though! Workout every morning with pool time for the kids afterwards! Woo hoo! I can hardly wait!

Unknown said...

Good job on the weight loss! I'm working my tail end off too to get this weigh off once and for all! I wish I only had 18 pounds to go though! lol I start a basics to spinning class at the end of the month, I cannot wait!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouragement and I'll be posting about the spinning class when I start on the 28th! Right now I'm doing Pilates, Muscle Pump, Hip Hop Hustle (LOVE IT) and walking:)

Mama Nut said...

Hey, congrats on the weight loss! I know the holy cow I weight HOW MUCH???? kind of feeling after having 5 babies (and not taking care of myself the way I should!) Good for you...I hope to follow suit!

beth said...

so crazy...i am also working hard at weight loss right now, doing south beach and going to the gym...i also started around 170 and am now at about 161. i'm looking to lose about 20 more pounds. we have identical weight loss goals! i love that quote. i've never watched biggest loser, but now i kinda wished i had! good luck!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, Hip Hop Hustle, check out the link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzG7EVI_ufc

LOVE IT! And you walk out of there soaking wet from the workout:) I love it cause it doesn't FEEL like a workout cause your dancing!

Unknown said...

And cool! I am over there! You should make us a cupcake button! Or I can! That would be cool!

Tiffany said...

Good for you!!! I've been doing Tae Bo for lunch since the end of January, and people have FINALLY started commenting that there's suddenly less of me to follow down the hallway. It feels great, doesn't it? (-: Keep it up!

Rachel said...

Way to go Girl!! I suck pretty bad at kickboxing too but it sure works up an awesome sweat. I still say the #1 workout is swimming- I wish we lived closer to we could train together!!

I want a SHIRT!!!

Keep it up, before long I am going to start bugging you about doing a triathlon with me- you would rock it!

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!

Suzi said...

Thanks for stopping by and keep up the great work. I admire you and will think of you everytime I want to quit running.

Unknown said...

LOL, email sent!