And not too exhausting!!!!!!
-- Post From My iPhone
Posted by iheartbowheads.blogspot.com at 3:20 PM
Posted by iheartbowheads.blogspot.com at 2:58 PM
Well folks - the worst is over
the school year is drawing to a close
have I been absent from the blogging world because of anything terribly dramatic?
Just busy with my family - no time for the computer
Well - now - here I sit - with two of my children quietly playing in the game room, one still sleeping and a little time on my hands.......
hmmmmm what to do?
First things first - Ashley from CSN stores has been SO awesome to me - so awesome!
First she contacted me and let me look at some awesome things - things like
or what I finally chose
I chose them, she sent them, and do you know what I did? I broke one - almost immediately.
Now since I am reviewing these I feel like I should type in the exact name of them so they are iittala Essence Set of Two 11 Oz. White Wine Glasses - ES950457
They were really pretty but I am not joking - very fine. They come with a little sticker on the top and although I really am not freakishly strong I basically crushed the glass in my hand while peeling the sticker off.
These are not the hardiest wine glasses I have ever seen.....
What I can say is CSN is AWESOME.
I emailed Ashley, told her what happened and BAM she just sent me a new one - just like that. I really do love my new wine glasses - I am just MUCH more careful with them. This particular pair of wine glasses is basically now - my holiday glasswear. :)
I cannot say enough about CSN though
This morning, from the quiet of my house, I shopped for....
Pretty much you name it - they have it. Super fast shipping, great customer service, hastle free returns.
Well - off to visit all of your blogs! If you don't get a comment from me today - leave me a comment and say - very nicely - hey Holly - what the heck?
Posted by iheartbowheads.blogspot.com at 6:22 AM
Letdown from class parties has begun....
Posted by iheartbowheads.blogspot.com at 12:53 PM
I am still here.....
I am just.....
In the end of the year.......
Posted by iheartbowheads.blogspot.com at 8:08 PM
What happened to these flowers you ask?
Posted by iheartbowheads.blogspot.com at 2:10 PM
Sorry I missed you - where did you go?
I am REALLY sorry and I am REALLY trying. One would think that SPF 70 would do it but apparently not.
Dear small children,
Could you please stop growing - just for one second? You guys are getting so big! Your Mom loves you a lot and is really glad that I get to be your Mom.
Dear Bowheads Blog,
Thanks for allowing me to be cheesy. Appreciate ya!
Posted by iheartbowheads.blogspot.com at 11:11 AM
Not sure why I had to squish the words together like that - just felt like it :)
Anyway - I digress - already - as usual - oh yeah I am sure that this post is going to be great.......
This awesome blogger
uh oh digressing again
Now I am supposed to share 7 things about me so here goes - since I am feeling a little random at the moment - I would guess these are going to be pretty random also. :)
1. I have small hysterical giggling problem. It doesn't happen that often but when it does - I totally lose control of myself and I cannot stop giggling. I giggle until I cry. My husband always says - "uh oh - Mommy's got the giggles".
2. Since I am on the subject of the hysterical giggling - I will use up some of my 7 things to tell two hysterical giggling stories. The first - we are sitting in church, palm Sunday last year. They pass out the palm frond and my husband is holding what truly is a very small, pitiful, and somewhat wilted frond in his lap. He leans over to me and whispers
"I have a problem with my frond"
In the dictionary, under the definition of church giggles - there is a picture of me - trying to keep it together unsuccessfuly during service. The children were even shushing me.
3. The ultimate case of the hysterical giggles came during a childbirthing class for my first born. They were having us do the hee hee he thing and I couldn't get it right. I started off with the giggles, then the hysterical giggles, then the tears streaming down my face giggles, then actual sobbing. I think that the poor instructor pretty much thought that I had lost my mind.
4. Now onto another thing about me - I can wiggle my ears. Yes a small claim to fame but a claim to fame nonetheless.
5. I can also say the alphabet backwards.
6. I can sing the chipmunk song which helps me look like a rock star in my children's eyes (at least for now while they are small). I am currently working on All the Single Ladies. It is a work in progress to say the least.
7. I DESPISE the words "you should". When people begin a sentence with "you should" I shut my ears - tight (wish I could actually do that - you would think I could what with the whole ear wiggling thing) Huge pet peeve of mine (the you should - not the ear wiggling)
Anyway - it is late and I am excited for sleep so we will see what tomorrow brings! I will pass this award on sometime soon.
Posted by iheartbowheads.blogspot.com at 7:16 PM
Posted by iheartbowheads.blogspot.com at 10:22 AM
Posted by iheartbowheads.blogspot.com at 7:01 AM
Posted by iheartbowheads.blogspot.com at 10:49 AM
So I am in the weeds again but don't want the bowheads blog to feel sad or lonely so I went back and found another post to recycle. ;) This one was a long time ago but I still love the vapory goodness and we are big believers in the vapory goodness when anyone is sick.
Stop and Smell the Vapory Goodness
(reposted from November 2008)
So I consider this a story of the simple things in life and true love.....
The Little Buddy has a cold. We got him all set up in his room the other night with his humidifier and plug in thing that sends out vapory goodness to his room. I tell you - I was not even congested and I wanted to sleep in there - those two things added to the fact that he already has an air purifier well - it was pretty awesome, utopia like, air quality in there. He was sleeping so soundly with his bue bwanky (blue blankey) and I went in to check on him.
It is at this point that I start obsessing about the vapory goodness. Is it too strong? Do I leave it plugged in all night? Will there still be enough vapory goodness at 3:00am? (Yes this is my third child and yes - I still think about silly stuff like this - shows my love - not my neurosis - right?)
Anyway - I go in and get the BD who is happily in bed, watching a show and say - "Honey - I need you to come smell the vapory goodness".
For a minute his eyebrows did sort of lift in interest as he was sorting out what I was saying and I swear his mind was searching his files for what could possibly be in it for him involving vapory goodness.......
At this point - he says, "huh?" and I grin and explain my dilemma. He says, "Babe - I don't know - how am I supposed to know the proper vapory goodness levels of a 2 year olds room?" I explained that I really did not know how he was supposed to know that but that at that moment, right then, it was important to me for him to make that parenting decision with me and I wanted him to come. There was a little sigh - just a little one - and then he got up, grinned at me, put his arm around my shoulder, and we walked to the baby's - strike that - two year olds room.
The love that swelled in my heart at this point was greater than if he had come home with a box of chocolates and roses (although typing those things - does make me realize that they are very good also) sorry - digressing again.....
We went in there - we smelled the vapory goodness together - we looked at the little size 8 extra wides sleeping pigeon toed under their blue truck blanket - we laughed at the little hand gripping his green frog - it was such a nice moment...... sigh - the little things - you know?
Anyway - long story short- my encouragement to you is
Stop and smell the vapory goodness....
Posted by iheartbowheads.blogspot.com at 6:30 PM
Here is a repost from back when I had about two followers and they were my non local BFF and my Mom :) Thought some of my new friends would like it.
Written by the Little Buddy who is now 3 (almost 4) and referred to on the blog as the Little Buddy. Back then he had just turned two and I called him the B Squared on the blog - short for Baby Boy.
Why Playing in the Toilet is Awesome
B. it has working parts and gadgets like this great flusher and a lid that if you use all of your super human toddler strength you can maybe get off
C. it is filled with water!!!!! I mean - really how great can one thing be?
THEN you get caught playing in it and three awesome things happen...
1. Your Mom makes this great gasping choking sound of horror.
Don't be afraid first timers- it might be a little scary at first but it is so funny to see her thrown so far off her game - the reaction itself is well worth the crime.
2. Then while she is freaking out going to find something called disinfectant and something else called a plunger - you get to stand at a stool at the sink and play with - wait for it - more water! Only this stuff is warm and soapy - so great.
3. Finally you get stripped out of your clothes (something about germs and poop and stomach virus's - I am not sure) and you get to run around having some nekky time because by now your sisters have dismantled Mommy's sewing machine and she has run out of time to finish dealing with you.
All in all - an experience I highly recommend.
The B Squared
Posted by iheartbowheads.blogspot.com at 7:55 AM