Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Yo Tweeps Twaffic Exchange Week 1

ok - before we get started here - I would like to clarify a few things here at I Heart Bowheads. In light of recent attention to Mom Bloggers I would like to state my intentions for I Heart Bowheads.

I Heart Bowheads is:


* A Creative Outlet for Me - this, in no way, takes away from my family but rather makes me a better wife and mother. One of the things about being a stay at home Mom is that your husband goes off to work all day and gets his "props". He goes to meetings and people give him feedback. He has lunch with friends and people give him feedback. He recieves emails and calls and people give hime feedback.
My only feedback comes from an 8 year old, a 5 year old, and a 3 year old.
I KNOW that I am doing a good job. I KNOW that I am a funny, intelligent person. But guess what - no one ever tells me that until.....
my blog came along. I get feedback. I get props. I feel like Sally Field - people like me they really like me!!!!!!
and now - the pressure is off of my husband to come home and compliment my clean toilet bowl. I do not need that or want that. I don't even care if he thinks I am funny (although he does get a pretty big kick out of me) BECAUSE you guys say that I am funny and appreciate you!!!!
Now let me clarify a few things that I Heart Bowheads is not:
A way to make me famous - I have NO DESIRE for fame.
My "brand" - I have NO DESIRE to make a brand
A way for me to make money - I have NO DESIRE to put up advertising or make money of any kind off of this blog. Now - will I take free stuff, review it and give it away to my bloggy (and real life) friends - ummm yeah.
Now that being said and this post already growing WAY too long. Why Tweet? It took me a little while to jump on the tweet bandwagon. I had to figure out if I wanted Twitter to be like my Facebook where I put only people I actually know in real life or do I want "strange tweeps". Guess what - in this day and age of smart phones - twitter is a WONDERFUL keep busy for me because I find myself........
sitting in my car, or at the doctors office, or at soccer, or at soccer, or at soccer, or back at the doctors office, or in the carpool line, or in the carpool line, or in the carpool line, or back at the doctors office
A LOT
and once again - I get to chat. I am a fairly chatty person and this is a nice way for me to chat without running up my phone bill. :)
Now the final thing that I would like to clarify for the world and for the poor lady who wrote the NYT article that is now on the hit list of every Mom blogger in the world (don't get me wrong - I hated what she wrote and I HATE being stereotyped and she deserves the backlash - I am not even going to write her name here because I don't think that she deserves any more press here than she has recieved.)
Anyway - my final clarification - I have to laugh that someone would think that because I blog or tweet that my children are running amuck naked, hungry, and neglected. Look at the pictures people - do these children really look like Mommy is neglecting them??????
Now that said - on to the business of the day :) Jumping on the Twitter train. I am excited to try this.......


Check out my new tech saavy - I now I have a Follow Me on Twitter button!!!!!!



By TwitterIcon.com


Now hold on - I have to click back over to Supah Mommy and see what I do next..........

Well what do you know? That's it!!!! I am not going to copy and paste the instructions (this post is phew LONG winded) - just click on over to Supah Mommy and get them

Oh Yeah - don't forget to enter my giveaway HERE!!!!!!!!!!!


5 comments:

Erin said...

I completely agree with you 100%. I never thought about the "feedback" angle that you brought up, but it is spot on. I really love your blog and I am so glad that I found you the other day. I am now following you on twitter! Welcome to the tweet-game!!

Foursons said...

I agree with you 100% except for one thing. If someone wants to pay me to blog I am jumping on that bandwagon without a look back. :D

Anonymous said...

Following now!
I agree about the NYT article.
She did get one thing right though--- my baby usually IS nakey and running amuck. Totally not my choice and happens even when I'm NOT blogging. Ha

Megan said...

Yesterday I did A VLOG (including niche blogging, being paid, etc. ) You should check it out (if you are interested).

I'd love to follow you on Twitter ...and am about to make that happen!

@sweetsadiemarie

Much love to you!

Wendyburd1 said...

I like your reasons for blogging. Since I am not a Mom I have not read this article but I have heard it has insulted many people, how sad to belittle people based on...what did she base her article on?