Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Haunted

So - it is not too often that I get serious on the ol' bowheads blog. For whatever reason though tonight - I felt like sharing.

I am haunted

I am haunted by Nie Nie - so beautiful - so much in love with her husband and children - such an amazing story - such a horrific accident......

she haunts me

I am haunted by stories like this



I am haunted

by the babies lost,

the soldiers fallen,

the families torn

I feel so lucky, I feel so blessed, I love them so much. I love him so much.

I am haunted.

I fear loss

and yet

I continue to read these blogs

I continue to be haunted

because

I don't want to let a single day go by. I don't want to miss this.

I will continue to pray for the ones that haunt me because they help me appreciate each boring day. Each day that my life is so normal. I don't mind being haunted - it just makes me feel grateful.


5 comments:

Twincerely,Olga said...

wow! deep post!!! stopping by from SitS!!!!

Wendyburd1 said...

AMEN!

Foursons said...

I had to stop reading these blogs because they made me so upset that I couldn't take care of my family. They are so heart-wrenching.

Lisa said...

Nie Nie haunts me too. I always read but never comment because I worry she has so many comments already.

I'm very tender hearted so many of the things I hear and read stay with me and I truly worry about the people.

Erin said...

I am haunted too. I am haunted by two little children Parker 5 and Haley 3. The children of a friend of mine from high school who were killed in a car accident last summer in which his wife was critically injured. They lost both of their children in a spli second. Everytime I get on the road I think about them. Everytime my kids are frustrating me, I think, what if today is the LAST day that I have with my babies. It makes me cry everytime. I am so with you on this.