You know - anyone that knows me knows that I am a pretty amicable gal. There is not a lot that gets me going on a soap box but I have been promising to go ahead and jump up on said soapbox on the blog for a while now so - here goes - soapbox number one.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
The Working Mother VS Stay at Home Mom DEBATE
Anytime I hear something ridiculous on the Today show or in a magazine I refuse to look and then totally go ahead because hey - I am nothing if not a glutton for punishment. Did you know that if you google this subject 2,310,000 results pop up? I then did some more google searching of other things that could be "debated". I mean - if I can debate whether or not you should stay home or go to work I should be able to debate if you should be Catholic or Lutheran - right? I should also be able to debate whether you go to school to be a teacher or a scientist. I should really also be able to help you decide if your family should go organic or be vegetarians or gluten free - right? Cuz' that is a decision that the world at large should make for your family - right?
Why the H E Double Hockey Sticks not?
Oh because it is totally your business and only you can make decisions for what is right for your family and for you?
I get it - we are people - we judge. I judge all the time (mostly in my head you know - I try for the kind outward appearance and all). I think to myself, "NEVER would I wear that" NEVER would I try that" oh THANK GOODNESS I am not her" MAN I wish I looked like that" "That girl has more cool in her pinky finger than I do in my entire body" "Some people should just not wear tube tops" ......
and so on and so forth
It doesn't mean it should be a NATIONAL debate.
It is not my business what you do with your life and your children and I think it is hilarious that some women feel that they can only be friends with working Moms or stay at home Moms.
That's it - I am drawing a line in the sand - from here on out - I will only be friends with architects - period.
Anyway - long story told in typical Holly fashion later - I am interested in Moms. I am interested in how they handle their lives. How do they balance their work and their home life and what do they REALLY think about other Moms.
That is why I made up a Mommaview. Just a way to highlight different Moms from different walks of life. I will email you the interview and you fill it out - send it back to me and I will publish it here.
I only have a couple of rules......
1. You have to be honest - really really honest. I am not out to cause drama but I do want to hear what you Moms really think.
2. I do not mind if you are looking for exposure - (which I might add - you are barking up the wrong tree at my little blog) but if you have a blog or a business or whatever that you would like to promote I will gladly post your button or link BUT your interview answers CANNOT be a blatant advertisement. I just won't use your interview.
3. You do not have to be a blogger or have a website or anything to participate. If you do have a blog and you would like to post that you have been featured you can feel free. I might even get Mimi to make us a button but like I said, please do not feel like because you do not have a place to post a button you should not participate. This blog wants you! Website or no. ;)
4. I am interested in you. I am interested in what you do and how you do it. I am interested in what you REALLY think about staying home and working. I am interested in your background, education, and experience. I am not interested in harsh words, political agendas, or ulterior motives of any kind.
5. Because I am a chatty sort of blogger and you never know what is going to come out of my mouth (or fingers in this case) It is quite possible I will add my own personal feedback or thoughts to what you say. I do promise that I will be my chatty nice self and not say things like, "well here is an interview with a lady that I totally disagree with and think is COMPLETELY messed up but let's publish it anyway just for grins." Doesn't work like that. The whole point is
NO JUDGEMENT - NO DEBATE - JUST HARD FACTS AND PERSONAL OPINIONS
If you are interested. Please email me at email@example.com or leave a comment with your email address and I will send you the interview. Fill it out - send it back and I will let you know when you will be featured.
Posted by iheartbowheads.blogspot.com at 5:42 AM