Sunday, July 10, 2011

Another Project Mommaview Interview!

Please check out this link http://iheartbowheads.blogspot.com/2011/07/project-mommaview.html if you have any questions about the interview or feel free to email me back


The Mommaview
Created by Holly Oelkers
To be used for the blog http://iheartbowheads.blogspot.com
Email answers back to hollyo1@mac.com
Your name: This is an awesome new friend of mine who has chosen to remain anonymous. So glad she shared though - love her insights!!!!


Do you:
stay at home/work outside of the home/have some interesting combination of both?
work outside of the home

Your occupation:

Architect
(I totally thought of her by the way when I was writing the original post;)

Tell us about it:

Busy, demanding, different every day, long road to responsibility, 3 hours of commuting x 4 days a week, 1 day working from home
Your occupation in a previous (before kids) life:

Architect

Your education:

BA in Art History, Master of Architecture
How many kids do you have?

2
Tell us about them:

Ages 6 and 3. Crazy, fun, wonderful girls.

Do you wish you:
Stayed at home/worked outside of the home/could find some interesting combination of the two?

I am happy as a full-time working mom, despite the craziness of it all.
Why?

I like my job, my co-workers, and my own identity.

Where did you meet most of your friends?

Fellow parents, work, neighbors, mom's group, school, church

Do you feel that Mom friends are important?
Very

Are those friends primarily working or stay at home?

A mix.

Now that you have answered those questions – why do you think that is?

I enjoy talking to all kinds of moms - they all have something to teach you.

What is the most hurtful thing another Mom has said or done to you.

When I said that I worked full time and commuted, she said, "Ohh, I'm sorry."

Is there something that has been said in the media or by other Moms that makes you crazy?

It makes me crazy that the media assumes there is one size fits all - or that moms should make certain choices. The choice to stay at home or pursue a career is extremely personal.

What is the best part about your situation?

My husband's attitude about being such an active parent to support my career.

What is the worst part about your situation?

Stress

If you could change one thing (but NOT how much money you have – most of us wish we had more money) what would it be?

A better and faster train schedule.


0 comments: