Monday, August 3, 2009

Another Glorious Mommy Moment

So this morning was hard - I won't lie - it was hard. All three kids were tired and fussy from a very busy weekend and getting them out the door and off to soccer camp was - well - hard.......

I finally got there - I made it - everyone poured out of the mini van and I practically kicked my 7 year old out onto the field and I felt this huge surge of excitement and FRUSTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah Jessica Parker - no sane person should have to endure what I had just been through in the last hour and a half. I mean - it was only 9:00 and I felt - well - sigh.............

So - we had made it - I did it - the correct child was delivered to the correct place at the correct time wearing the correct clothes and I threw my head to the sky - literally - and shrieked - yes - I howled at the moon. I think I might have even jumped up and down and stamped my feet - just a little bit - although I am not confirming or denying that one.

Anyway - it was a blood curdling shriek.........

Then I looked up - the first face I saw was one of my favorites - a Mom of 4 under the age of 7 who totally gets it and totally gets me. I saw an eyebrow go up and then the big grin as she started walking quickly towards me just to make sure that I was really fine. Then I panned over to basically all of the parents on my oldest daughters soccer team - standing in a row - mouths agape and then - once again - spreading slowly into grins. (Basically once it was clear that I was not going to go completely postal on them. They all had that look on their faces, "well better her than me".)

I sighed - ok - phew - who cares really about what those other 15 parents who are sitting there staring at me like I have just lost my mind think - not me - well - not me at that point.

Then - I saw it - a very sweet, very concerned Mom from my Moms club scurried up and put her arm around me.......

"Are you ok? You scared me to death? I have never seen you do that!" (I almost asked her if she had ever seen ANYONE do that but she really is a nice lady so I didn't want her to think I was being sarcastic.)

I said - well - better shriek at the sky than at the children - right?

I think I might have to make that my new motto - hmmmmmm............ well we'll see - a person can only have so many mottos - right?

1 comments:

Foursons said...

Too funny! I hope you embarrassed your children (just a little bit at least) so that next time they'd get it together better!