Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Flashback to February 2008 - In The Weeds!

I wrote this post on the other blog in February of 2008. I think it is funny how the more things change the more that they stay the same. ;)


In the Weeds

I still say in the weeds from my No Frills days! Super super busy is in the weeds just for you guys that have never had to deal with a Friday night full of Soccer teams, drunk morons, and mean mean people. Anyway - I digress:

Well I had to jump on here and write that I really do have some cute pictures to put on here and some cute stories to tell along with them. That is going to involve me getting the camera in here and hooked up and that has just not happened yet this week! :) Let me see - what can I say about us:

Grace (my oldest - now 11 - then 6) : She was excited to go to the 100th day of school today. I really can't believe it - 100 days of Kindergarten - she is like an old pro! She had dance on Monday and is really doing great at dance. We just found out that her dance recital will be on June 21st this year. I love the way that she talks right now - her little hand gesturing away as she tells us her stories of her day. She is really reading up a storm right now which she is very excited about! She is doing GREAT at tennis! She was by far the best kid there on Saturday and I know that I am her mother but Mimi can vouch for me. :) (I know - super objective right there right?)

Zoe (now 8 then almost 4) : She is so funny. She had a great time at Soccer Tots on Sunday. She was the only girl and she was just hanging in there, throwing elbows and racing them all to the finish (when she wasnt looking at us grinning with her little arms flying.) She was actually TACKLED by this gigantic ringer of a kid during a game and the coach was so sweet to her and helped her shake it off and then she was fine. The Dad next to us said, "she is tough" and then another Dad mentioned later that she was really good. She is still biting her nails like crazy and I am about to lose my mind over it. We tried the bad tasting stuff today and she just bit right through it. She is so funny and sweet and such good company when she is not throwing a "scweaming fit" as she calls her tantrums.

Max (Now 6 then almost 2) : Ahhh the little man. We went to our Friend Lance the Chiropractor yesterday and it was the most amazing thing! He had been really fussy that morning and as Lance was working on him he put his head on my shoulder and almost went to sleep! Then last night he slept 13 hours straight! I am such a HUGE believer in that Chiropractor! The way that he runs right now is hilarious. He has a little hop to his step that is hysterical. He gets SO excited when Daddy comes home and starts saying, "DADDY DADDY DADDY" - very sweet. He had to be at the gym this afternoon for 2 hours because I got my hair cut and he was SO traumatized. He just kept squeezing me as we left. I told him that there are babies out there that have to be away from their Mommies for 9-10 hours a day! He just looked at me like, "Mommy - why do you talk to me like I am a grown up?"

Well - I am off to bed and I promise that I will put my pictures on the computer tomorrow.

0 comments: