Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Tale of a Cupcake

Hello - I am a Pink Piggy Cupcake. I was requested by a very cute 4 year old who goes by the nickname of Noodle (long story - another post). I was created to celebrate said Noodle's "unbirthday" at preschool. This is an awesome thing that was created by a teacher who had a summer birthday herself and decided that those summer birthdays should get to celebrate during the school year! 
I had an interesting morning before I was eaten because the Mom that created me - took me and 11 of my friends to the gym! Imagine - 12 pink frosted piggy cupcakes - traipsing around a gym with a bunch of starving people lurking around? I felt fear I tell you! 

The Mom did a good job though because she was worried for our little frosted cupcake selves in the car - this is Texas and it have been hitting the 80's and 90's here much to the Mom's delight. The crazy Mom took me in a cute little Snapware box lined with aluminum foil into a spin class - yes - I said spin class! 

I got to sit on the floor under her bike and watch her sweat - very impressive really- and also probably good since I am pretty sure that I saw her sampling one of my cupcake friends on the morning of our creation. 

Anyway - then I made it safely to preschool and was promptly devoured by a small group of very cute 4 year old's who wished my Noodle well so - all in all - a good ending for me - well as good as it typically gets for a cupcake and all! 

Stay tuned next week for the harrowing adventure - The Tale of the Meatloaf. 

17 comments:

Sturgmom said...

Those are so cute! I'm glad they survived the heat and the spin class! ;)

glenna said...

Glad I found you through SITS. Cute tale of a cupcake!

Toni Brooker said...

HAHA! Too funny. Go mom go!! And the cupcake DID have a happy ending.

Mikki Black said...

Cute story! (and cute cupcake, too!) Congrats on your SITS feature!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

What a cute little piggy! Thank goodness he and his friends made it to the unbirthday! (And what a great idea the teacher had...speaking as a summer birthday myself!)

Mindyleigh said...

That is completely precious. I've never wanted to literally kiss a cupcake until now. Um, and then eat it. :) Happy SITS day, btw!

RamblingMother said...

what cute cupcakes! Congrats on your SITS day.

Little Lady Cakes said...

Happy Unbirthday and SITS Day!

Martha said...

So delightful, glad the cupcake survived the heat.

Katie said...

These are adorable. I have a summer birthday; I wish someone had thought of the "unbirthday" when I was younger!

Jessica said...

That is funny and cute. I love the piggy and laughed at the thought of them in a gym :)

Heather said...

those are too cute! happy SITS day

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!

Scottish Lass said...

Too cute!!

Whirling Mama said...

Stopping by from SITS. I have a summer birthday too and was always disappointed that I got left out in the birthday celebrations - yay you and Noodle on having a great teacher. And I love the cupcakes - yummy!

Nicole said...

How cute!

I am sure Noodle loved her cupcake and UnBirthday Celebration!

isk8jewel said...

Visiting from SITS - what a fun post. Glad the cupcakes survived the gym and delighted the little ones. :)