Friday, April 17, 2009

Cold and Flu Season my foot!

There is no such thing as cold and flu season! That is just something that they make up to give us mothers of many small children hope. This day of April I have one child with an ear infection, one child with strep throat, and one child on the other computer with a nebulizer. I knew that February was too easy this year - I just knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 






Ok - complaints off of my system - I really should not complain - I mean - here I am - in my house with three children with small potatoes illnesses. Every time this happens to me - I am so so so so grateful for every day that we are healthy and I pray pray pray for the children out there that really aren't healthy and their amazing Mama's that somehow keep it all together. You are my real heroes and this post is for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I Heart These Quotes :) 

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan

A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. ~Peter De Vries

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~Abraham Lincoln

Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together. ~Pearl S. Buck

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ~Author Unknown


Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly. ~Ambrose Bierce

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those quotes!

Tiffany said...

Oh, I love that one about a mother being born. It is one of my faves. Here's another take - just this morning while doing our Saturday morning snuggle, D said to me, I can remember when G was born, but I can't remember before then. It's like we've always had him." Sometimes when a baby is born, a brother is born too. (-:

The Joynes Girls said...

I love your quotes! I agree with Tiffany, the one about a mother being born when a child is born is really profound, and primally true. The woman is completely transformed. Have a great SITS day!