Monday, January 2, 2012

A holiday wrap up

We survived waking up Christmas day, opening presents and then heading to the airport to fly the 4 hours to Texas, jump in a rental car, and be at Grandma's for Christmas dinner at 6.

I know what you are thinking.

It was actually very fun and we all survived.

It was a fun adventure - just the 5 of us - laughing and heading through the airport on Christmas day.

We enjoyed the entire trip and can officially say that we survived.

We are home now and I am not sure that my house will.

There comes a moment when you just have to sit among the piles and let them know that they have beaten you. Then maybe tomorrow when the piles have let their guard down you can sneak up on them - not sure if this is going to work but I am trying it out for today.

We got the new Wii U Draw going down in the basement.

I am not sure that we will ever see my artistic 7 year old again. Ever.

I did laundry for two days straight at my Mom's house and yet somehow I have been doing laundry all day. Maybe I need to try out my pile philosophy on the laundry.

It is a really strange thing to be happy to go home only to be really happy to be back home.

I love my house.

I love my children.

I love my husband.

I need for all of them to leave me alone with my house for a little while so I can try and restore some order.

I would be lying if I did not admit that I am looking forward to that being on the agenda for tomorrow.

Then they can come back because I am amazingly not even sick of them.

Frank the pug and the guinea pigs were off in Kato Kaelin land (because really - you just can't have a better houseguest than a guinea pig or a pug). Two awesome families kept them for us and we really appreciate it. We are all happy to have been reunited. My friend Julie brought me the piggies today in the midst of one of my battles with the piles instead of having us over to pick them up.

Did I mention the appreciation?

Anyway,

Our low tonight is going to be 7.

It was 71 yesterday in Texas.

I wonder what my body will think of that.

I feel very grateful for

well

for everything

I am grateful for my family and my friends and that you can read books on your phone.

Did I mention that we flew back home from Texas to Massachusetts yesterday and that our plane was supposed to leave at 1:10 and we finally left on a different plane at 4?

Glad the second one worked at least.

I swear that my house looks like it did when we moved.

I refuse to be discouraged.

I keep coming back to the piles.

Forget the piles - I am going to play games with my family.

I am pretty sure that my New Years Resolution will be to put my house back in order.

I might have that finished by 2013.

Right?



2 comments:

Foursons said...

Oh wow. I'm glad you had a good time- I don't know that I would have survived that. And yes, our weather is beautiful this time of year. I truly relish it.

Happy New Year!

danielle said...

Ha! I hear ya! My jouse always looks like a bomb has gone off ans I swear I spend a couple hours a day cleaning up... o'well/
Happy New Year!!