Thursday, April 8, 2010

Toughen Up Cupcake!

So I was going to post about the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad 24 Hours but I decided that could wait for one more day because I have not done a Cupcake post in while and I did a Cupcake thing today!!!!!!


The original Cupcake post and explanation is



I have been in a Master Swim class two days a week and today our coach said that after our warm up we were going to do a 1500 time trial. (Down and back is a 50 in our pool) We were told that we could do it however we wanted, swim 500 rest, swim 500 - whatever but we were going to be timed. I decided that my goal was to start and not stop. I have been working on improving my flip turns so I thought this would be the perfect chance to start and not stop.

I started swimming....

then I swam some more...........
then I swam some more

Pretty soon I was singing to myself
justkeepswimmingjustkeepswimmingjustkeepswimmingjustkeepswimming

at about 800 I started with the mental games -

I cannot believe that I am only halfway through
my head is starting to hurt
maybe if I just stopped for a second to take a break
WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER TO BRING MY OWN GATORADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stuff like that

But you know what - I just kept swimming. If it hurt - I kept swimming. When I felt tired - I kept swimming.

I told myself that I could keep swimming and you know what

I could!


This is me - after my workout, red in the face, running late so no makeup, but I had to take a picture of myself to remember
If I remind myself that I can
I CAN!



Photobucket

4 comments:

Foursons said...

Awesome job! That is amazing and I love the self-photo.

Wendyburd1 said...

Wow good job! And you look so happy with yourself, you go girl!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Cute blog!

Lynette said...

Way to go!!! I love the picture. So proud!

Head over to my blog- you WON!
http://yesimthatmom.blogspot.com/2010/04/winner-winner.html