Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Some conversations from this week

Well I guess I will go ahead and get my proudest parenting moment from this week off of my chest.



My 5th grader walks up to me in the hall the other day and says, 



Hey Mom
Me: Yes Dear
5th Grader: You will not believe what you did in my lunch! 
Me: Um what?
5th Grader: You left the plastic on my cheese in my sandwich.
Me: How did you find that out?
5th Grader: I bit into it.
Me: Oops 

This same 5th grader fell down REALLY hard off of a stool while sitting at the kitchen counter and smacked her neck on the counter top. She and I were both on the floor looking at it and she was crying and so on and so forth. 

Me: (To 2nd grader and Kindergartner) Guys - go get an ice pack please
2nd Grader and Kindergartner: (scrambling) I am ON it!!!!!!! 

Then minutes later 
Kindergartner: So um Mom - could you turn on the television for me - you know - when this crisis is over?  
Compassionate little dude isn't he? 

This week I subbed for the music teacher. The kids and I were talking about it: 
2nd Grader: So Mom - you can teach music? 
Me: Sure - no problem - I would say I am pretty comfortable with most anything at school. 
2nd Grader: But NOT PE - right Mom?
Me: True that Baby Girl. True that...... 




0 comments: